Spectrum Special Edition

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Patricia V. Maillard

Sonnet 1

Did we know each other in another place and time 
Procreating was not my dream and now a second child 
Tender moments to have missed would surely be a crime
An immediate love connection with this infant gentle and mild

Second babe in line of birth, cannot help but hover
While tending and nurturing and learning skills anew
Often doing double shift so there's hardly rest for mother
Wooing each mindfully so they both would get their due

Now they've all grown up, I'm happy I can say
Thank you God every day,  now on to being grammy
Happy in lives they chose, off on their merry way
Ridding us of clinging ties, of which they were quite sundry

Through the common thread of love we still get along
Memories of our family times linger and keep us strong


Sweet Sonnetland

Show me the way to Sonnetland, by land or sea or beast
My dreaming heart will rest, when I hear the flowers speak
I'll take you with me in my heart so you could share the feast
Cupids bow points the words to lips and tongue and beak

Sonnetland, sweet sonnetland, let me slumber to your tanka
Leaves are words and trees are books of lyric poetry
Lay and listen to a ballad, in breath to breath sestina
I close my eyes, and fantasize, like an acrostic fun movie

Thoughts of being there can bring a soul to peace 
I dream and wonder about things that no one ever sees
And hear a sonnet blowing in a gentle cooling breeze
Pretty words of love humming through the words of trees

Drink in the verbs, straight from the stars aglow
That tells the myth of Sonnetland, with sonnet's words aflow

No comments:

Post a Comment