Spectrum Special Edition

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Richard Dutton

I LOVE YOU

Dated east coast girl two months dancing and family
Phoned her: I have work option on west coast
I could stay east if there’s a chance of us getting married--
            “You have to love each other first!”
Oh I guess you’re right. Goodbye  / “Good night” she said
Dated west coast girl for two years dancing and family
Never said “I love you” till after we were wed
Since then we say “I love you” several times each day

Now after five decades 
If I costed off this planet
Will I later join my only one?
She made my Earth
as it is in Heaven
God’s will be done


Can I Play LAZARUS again? 
 

After flunk out I prayed Jesus would show me stepping stones.
Then the Army let me finish college and some grad school.
I landed a lucrative job that paid like professors or generals.
I fell a second time into near poverty. I prayed.
I was helped the second time by a figurative Angel From Heaven
To get three master’s degrees, a modest success and a small family.

Now I am coasting a third time. Could do the Lazarus again?
Should Jesus be my friend when he does miracles for me
and I only pray mostly when times are bad for me?
I passed up more opportunities than most people get in a lifetime.
I was supposed to do things for the world.
I have less time left and low resources to "resurrect" opportunity.
God and Jesus know how I feel when I pray; it's up to them.
But I don't want to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment